To help celebrate the special contributions of transplant nurses, the ITNS created this essay contest in conjunction with the annual Transplant Nurses Day Celebration. This year, Transplant Nurses Day is April 15. A submission to the ITNS Essay Contest is an excellent opportunity to recognize an ITNS transplant nurse who has made a difference in your life.
Participation in the essay contest is open to any transplant patient currently, or formerly, under the care of a transplant nurse who is a member of ITNS. This can be a nurse who cared for you anywhere throughout your experience at Penn. Not sure if the nurse you have in mind is a member of ITNS? Just ask! Send a quick email through MyPennMedicine directly to the Penn Transplant team member who you’d like to nominate.
The theme of this year’s contest is "Why I Celebrate My Transplant Nurse." Judges will be reviewing your essay to learn:
- What is unique about your nominee?
- Why is he or she important to you or your family, or both?
- How did your nominee make a difference in your life?
The winning essay will be featured in a future issue of the ITNS Insider newsletter. The winning nurse will receive a recognition award and a letter will be sent to his or her supervisor. He or she will also be acknowledged on the ITNS website and in an ITNS E-Updates membership e-mail.
To submit your entry you’ll need the following:
- A copy of the completed entry form
- A 300-to-500-word essay focusing on the topic "Why I Celebrate My Transplant Nurse" -- Each essay must be original, authentic, unpublished and the sole property of the entrant.
- Your personal information, printed in the top-right corner of the essay:
- First and last name
- Phone number
8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60631
For more information, call the International Transplant Nurses Society at 847.375.6340. Information can also be found online at www.itns.org.